The Eau d’Heure lakes , are only 7 km away from the holiday apartment and lie in a beautiful area full of forests, meadows, and rivers, ideally suited for nature and sports lovers.
There are plenty of good reasons why Montrias is the ideal base for a relaxing and enjoyable holiday. The holiday apartment is located in the attractive «Vallées des Eaux Vives» region is a brilliant place for a break. Numerous touristic and sport activities are available :
- Swimming, windsurfing, canoeing (Espace Fun), jet ski and water-skiing (Spin Cablepark)
- Aquacentre : indoor swimmingpool (13 km)
- Walk and cycle trails around the lakes, mountain bike trails, tree climbing (Natura Parc),...
- Scuba diving center of l’Eau d’Heure.
- Several quarry scuba diving spots are very close to Montrias : Villers-deux-Eglises, C.A.S.H., R.C.A.S., Roche Fontaine
- Gravity Park : airplane, ULM, skydiving…
- The Fagnes Karting, one of the longest in Europe, is only 15 km from Montrias.
- Possibilities to fish in nearby lakes.
- Kayaking down the river Viroin, from Dourbes (16 km from the holiday apartment) to Treignes, is an unforgettable experience in a green and refreshing nature :
- Enjoy typical Belgian folklore such as the St Pierre parade, part of UNESCO heritage since 2013: it passes in front of the holiday apartment every first week-end of July !
There are beautiful marked out walking and cycling tours departing directly from the holiday apartment. Example of a cycling tour. A map of trails is displayed at the holiday apartment. Other cycling tours are available.
You can also visit the Vauban underground passages of Philippeville, the Senzeille castle, the Beauchateau quarry, the Malgré-Tout museum, the prehistoric entertaining park and ruins of a Roman villa at Treignes, the splendid nature spot of Virelles lake (20 min drive) and its “Butterfly Barn”, the historic railway of the 3 Valleys, the Dog’s Fondry, the horse refuge “100 Horses on Grass”, the Neptune caves, etc.
Taste local food unique specialties: « l’escavèche” (eels with vinegar) of Lompret, “trappiste” (abbey beer) of Chimay, Super-des-Fagnes local bier : Visit the brewery.